Friday, June 13, 2008

Lazy Day.

Assalamualaikum....

Today was a lazy day for me. I woke up close to 10 and the only household chore I did was to fold the clothes and blend the onion. I didn't even help with the cooking and eventhough my mom and grandma kept shouting at me to sweep the floor and clean-up my room, I didn't.

Yes..don't ask me why. Laziness has always been in my genes (unfortunately) but at times, i jus force myself to get up and do some work. However today, I just went along with my genes and simply refused to do any work. (So next time if i'm not doing any work, don't blame me, blame my genes! ;)

I don't know exactly what I did in the morning but somehow the morning just went by and the next thing i knew, i had to get myself ready coz i was meeting syik at 3.30pm at bugis.

I hate it when my time was not filled up doing something useful. Sometimes, I make it a point to plan my day early in the morning and write the things-to-be-done in the form of a checklist and before i go to sleep, i will tick against those activities which i've fulfilled. On some days i felt fruitful but days like today make me feel like i'm the biggest loser on earth. I will always try to remind myself of the importance of time in Islam and how I've to treasure it. There's a hadith in which Rasulullah s.a.w said:

" Grab five things before five others: your youth before your decrepitude, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death." [al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak]"

and in another hadith, Rasulullah s.a.w also reminded us to do as many good deeds before more obstacles come our way:

"Lose no time to do good deeds before you are caught up by one of seven calamities awaiting you: a starvation which may impair your wisdom; a prosperity which may mislead you; an ailment which may damage your health; an old age which may harm your senses; a sudden death; the Dajjal (Antichrist); or Doomsday, which is indeed the hardest and most bitter." [at-Tirmidhi, al-Baihaqi]

and needless to say, in the Quran Allah has sworn upon time in Al-Asr, in which He said:

"By Al-`Asr. Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience."

At-Tabarani recorded from `Abdullah bin Hisn Abi Madinah that he said, "Whenever two men from the Companions of the Messenger of Allah used to meet, they would not part until one of them had recited Surat Al-`Asr in its entirety to the other, and one of them had given the greetings of peace to the other.'' Ash-Shafi`i said, "If the people were to ponder on this Surah, it would be sufficient for them.''

Hence, time is indeed something which we should all treasure and before I tell anyone this, I should constantly remind myself first not to waste time.

Anw, lets move on to the outing with syik. We had a really fun time shopping for fari's soon-to-be-born baby (InshaAllah) at the baby section. Looking at all the baby clothes just makes us feel like getting pregnant fast and have our own babies!! hehe... imagine dolling up our babies with baby clothes that are so small and cute and wearing for them socks and mittens and carresing their soft cheeks.... what a nice feeling that is.... :) i'm sure all women would want to have such experience one day. InshaAllah. Amin.

After buying some baby stuffs, I went to meet H and Alhamdulillah, I'm very glad with the outcome of TM and the news about the job. May Allah and Rasul bless you for your work and your rizq! Amin. I simply can't wait for our outing tomorrow inshaAllah!


Massalama

No comments: